SACRAMENTS are the masterworks of God's everlasting covenant with us. St. Marianne Cope Parish offers several programs to help you prepare for the Sacraments.
- BAPTISM welcomes people into the family of God. We encourage you to receive this precious sacrament as soon as possible. Contact Amanda Rayburn to set up the initial baptismal interview and date of baptism. We also offer classes on the first Saturday of every month at 11:00am at Guardian Angels for parents preparing to have a child baptized.
- 1st RECONCILIATION and 1st COMMUNION are generally offered during the second grade. 1st Reconciliation is celebrated before 1st Communion in the late winter/early spring, while 1st Communion is celebrated in early May.
- CONFIRMATION: The Sacrament of Confirmation is a two year process that typically begins in when the child is in the 7th grade. Confirmation is usually celebrated at the Sacred Heart Cathedral in the spring of the second year of preparation.
If you are interested in any of the above sacraments, please fill out this form and Amanda will contact you.
- MARRIAGE: The first step in preparing to marry in the Catholic Church is to contact and set a date at least 9 months in the future with Barb Swiecki. After meeting with Barb, couples are encouraged to sign up for Pre-Cana as soon as possible. St. Marianne Cope usually offers Pre-Cana in February but it is offered throughout the diocese.
- RITE OF CHRISTIAN INITIATION FOR ADULTS (RCIA) is a journey in the discovery of the Roman Catholic faith. It involves instruction through readings, faith sharing, and presentations. Catechists and team members assist in instructing and mentoring participants. You are warmly invited to become a member of the RCIA process. If you have questions about the Catholic Church or if you are seeking to grow in your understanding of how God is working in and through your life, please contact Amanda Rayburn at 334-3518 or at email@example.com