Welcoming Catholics Home
An Open Door for Returning Catholics
St. Marianne Cope Parish
Do you have a friend or a relative who falls into any of the following categories?
- Raised Catholic, but seldom comes to church any more,
- Feels separated from the Church for any reason,
- Would like to know more about the Catholic Church as it is today,
- Would like to feel at home again in the Catholic church.
No matter how long they have been away and no matter the reason, we ask you to invite them to renew their friendship with the Catholic Church for informal meetings to explore reconnecting with their faith and our parish.
You are welcome to attend with any returning Catholics that you bring to the meetings.
These are topics and activities that happen at our "Welcoming Catholics Home" program meetings:
- Sharing by Team and Attendees
- Sharing Stories of Faith
- Explanations of Changes Occurring in the Catholic Church—The Mass in English, Lay Involvement, Bible Study
- Walk Through the Mass along with Explanation and Historical Overview,
- Explanation of the Sacrament of Penance (Confession)
- The Creed: What Catholics Believe.
Programs are offered yearly.
For more information, please contact Deacon Bob Lyons at this e-mail address <email@example.com>. You may also contact parish office at 585-334-3518.