Rochester NY Sidewalk Advocates for Life
Building out a peaceful, prayerful presence and loving outreach on the sidewalks outside of every local abortion facility, every hour that they’re open, is one of the most effective actions we can take to end abortion ASAP. Here in Rochester, NY we have one of the most robust organized sidewalk prayer and advocacy efforts in the nation and it's only years old. Many more volunteers are needed to keep growing the impact of this powerful ministry, and here are some ways in which you can get involved immediately:
- To sign up to pray on the sidewalk, contact Sheila Fry at 585-729-3340; or at [email protected]; and she will help you to determine the best hour for you to pray on the sidewalk outside of either the downtown Planned Parenthood abortion center (114 University Ave.) or the Greece Planned Parenthood abortion center (2824 West Ridge Rd.).
- To sign up for basic sidewalk training as a prayer partner and/or a sidewalk advocate who lovingly reaches out, contact Jim Havens at [email protected] or at 585-690-9998. Trainings are scheduled periodically.
- To sign up as an Intercessor for Life who prays specifically for those on the front lines (for those unable to be physically present of the sidewalk), contact Mary Hogan at [email protected]
- To join the large monthly Stand-Out-for-Life gatherings of peaceful public witness and prayer to end abortion, save the dates for the following Saturday mornings from 9—10:30 a.m. and simply show up outside of the downtown Rochester Planned Parenthood (114 University Ave.): 3/23, 4/27, 5/25, 6/22, 7/27.
- Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies. 1 Corinthians 6:19
Let's love enough to pray and work with maximum determination to end abortion ASAP! The opportunity is before us. Love will end abortion. —Jim Havens