Be My Disciples Summer Camp
Be My Disciples: Four days fo connecting with Jesus through art, writing, nature and the Scriptures.
Monday, June 27, 2022 - Thursday, June 30, 2022
For children ages 5-11
- Registration is required: for for the whole week or just certain days.
- All gatherings will be from 9:00am - 11:30am at our Gaurdian Angels site (unless construction begins, then gatherings will be at St. Joseph's Church.)
- Cost: $10 per day per child
Monday, June 27 - The Ancient Art of Cross Making
- We will explore the history of the cross as a symbol of Christ and some stories of crosses throughout history.
- Then participants will find and collect raw materials from nature with which they will incorporate into a cross that they will make.
Tuesday, June 28 - Praying in Color
- We will explore different types and styles of prayer, through art and motion
Wednesday, June 29 - Writing to God; Prayeing with my pen
- Journaling to God as our prayer, knowing that God "hears" our prayer in all formats.
- Children don't have to be "good" writers to enjoy this day, but they will need to be willing to enter into writing exercises and "short periods of quiet" as is the nature of this type of prayer.
Thursday, June 30 - Journey to the Heart
- We will spend time exploring Centering Prayer for children
To register and pay follow the link below!