In his book “I Heard God Laugh” Matthew Kelly developed a Prayer Process that teaches you HOW to pray. He considers this a game changer to be used by ordinary people anywhere, at any time in their spiritual life. It was designed to grow with you. It teaches people how to pray as they pray.
He suggests that you try this for 21 days to make it a habit. You can dedicate as much or as little time as you like to the process. There are many ways to pray but Kelly believes we need one method to anchor our habit of prayer and here are the 153 words that he believes can change your life…………Try it and let us know if you agree.
The Prayer Process
- Gratitude: Begin by thanking God in a personal dialogue for whatever you are most grateful for today.
- Awareness: Revisit the times in the past twenty-four hours when you were and were not the best-version-of yourself. Talk to God about these situations and what you learned from them.
- Significant Moments: Identify something you experienced today and explore what God might be trying to say to you through that event (or person).
- Peace: Ask God to forgive you for any wrong you have committed (against yourself, another person, or him) and to fill you with a deep and abiding peace.
- Freedom: Speak with God about how he is inviting you to change your life, so that you can experience the freedom to be the best-version-of-yourself.
- Others: Lift up to God anyone you feel called to pray for today, asking God to bless and guide them.
- Finish by praying the Our Father.