DOR Safe Environment - C.A.S.E.
As required by the Diocese to protect our children, teens, vulnerable adults and volunteers, ALL people who volunteer in the parish must participate in the Diocesean Training for Creating a Safe Environment. Click on the picture below to go directly to the Diocesan Webpage.
PLEASE NOTE: The CASE ONLINE TRAINING for Adults AND the Background check must be complete prior to volunteering.
In accordance with the Charter for the Protection of Children and Young People promulgated by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) in 2002 and revised in 2018; all Volunteers, Employees (including: Clergy, Seminarians, Deacons, Woman Religious and Lay Employees) who work or volunteer in the Diocese of Rochester and its affiliated employers must complete MANDATORY training: Creating a Safe Environment Training (CASE – Volunteers), Safe Environment Training (SE – Employees), acknowledge the appropriate (Volunteer or Employee) Code of Conduct, and complete a Background Check prior to volunteer service or working within the Diocese. These must be renewed every 3 years.
Background Check Adverse Findings will be reviewed by the Safe Environment Office.
- CASE Volunteer Policy (PDF) [ English ]
- Background Check Authorization and Notification Form (PDF) [ English | Spanish ]
- Volunteer Driver Policy (PDF) [ English ]
- Volunteer Driver Form (PDF) [ English | Spanish ]
- Volunteer Code of Conduct for Adults (PDF) [ English | Spanish ]
- Volunteer Code of Conduct for Minors (PDF) [ English | Spanish ]
- CASE Online Training for Adults – Instructions (PDF) [ English | Spanish ]
- CASE Online Training for Minors – Instructions (PDF) [ English ]
- If you are volunteering for RHYM and will be driving, make sure to print, read, and fill out the volunteer driver's form as well (after speaking with Gina Jennison).
- Turn in all forms, as well as a photocopy of your ID, to the CASE coordinator for the parish at the main office. If you do not have access to a computer and/or printer, you can use one of the computers at the parish office during regular hours. Parish Office Hours are generally Monday-Thursday from 9am-5pm, unless it is a holiday or staff event. The office number is 585-334-3518, and the address is 2061 E. Henrietta Rd, Rochester, 14623.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact the parish CASE Coordinator, Amanda Rayburn.