DOR Safe Environment - C.A.S.E.
As required by the Diocese to protect our children, teens, vulnerable adults and volunteers, ALL people who volunteer in the parish must participate in the Diocesean Training for Creating a Safe Environment. This page contains instructions, relevant links, and documents that will be updated periodically.
PLEASE NOTE: The CASE online training AND the Background check must be complete prior to volunteering.
What do you need to do?
- Print out the CASE training instructions and follow them to complete the online CASE training. Remember to download and print the certificate at the end.
- Print, read, and fill out the Background check authorization form (named Background Check Notification). If you have an Enhanced, REAL ID licenses/non-driver ID's or Passport, we no longer need your social security number. You can leave that space blank but we always will need a copy of your ID.
- If you are volunteering for Rhym and will be driving, makes sure to print, read, and fill out the volunteer driver's form as well (after speaking with Gina Jennison).
[Form coming soon]
- Turn in all forms, as well as a photocopy of your ID, to the CASE coordinator for the parish at the main office. If you do not have access to a copier, we can make a copy at the office.
If you do not have access to a computer and/or printer, you can use one of the computers at the parish office during regular hours.
Parish Office Hours are generally Monday-Thursday from 9am-5pm, unless it is a holiday or staff event. The office number is 585-334-3518, and the address is 3318 E. Henrietta Rd, Henrietta, 14467.
- USCCB Charter for the Protection of Children and Young People
- Message from Bishop Matano
- Creating a Safe Environment Newsletter (Diocese of Rochester)
- Diocese of Rochester: Creating a Safe Environment Web Page
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact the parish CASE Coordinator, Connie Fitch, at the parish office.