Contact: Robbie Manners, 585-334-3518
Liturgical Ministries involve those who have recognized the need for more personal involvement in every weekend Liturgy, and all these ministries contribute to the Holy Mass. Click on the links for more information.
- Altar Servers: Boys, girls, teens, or adults who have received First Communion assist at weekend and special Masses.
- Extraordinary Ministers of Communion: Offers the Body and Blood of Christ to those gathered at Mass, those in hospitals or the homebound. Individuals must be baptized members of the Roman Catholic Church and have received First Training is provided.
- Lectors: Proclaim God’s Word from the scripture at weekend Mass and special. Lectors need to have the ability to read, comprehend the scripture text, and speak clearly. Training is required.
- Sacristans - Weekend, Daily and Funerals Liturgies: Responsible for mass preparations before and after weekend Masses and special liturgies, including cleanup of the sacristy. Sacristans serve at the Mass they normally attend. Funeral Sacristans serve at funeral Masses and memorial services. Training is provided.
- Greeting Ministry: Assist in welcoming and greeting all who come to worship, fostering and encouraging a place of belonging. Greeters are asked to arrive at least 45 minutes prior to the Mass for which they attend.
- Ushers: Assist in accommodating the needs of the people gathered for worship. Ushers collect the weekly offering and provide orderly seating at Mass.
- Children’s Liturgy of the Word: Provides an opportunity for children at the 9:45 & 11:30am Sunday Mass to listen to and discuss the Sunday readings in age appropriate language. Program materials are provided, and volunteers are assigned on a rotating schedule.
Contact: Marie Snell, 585-208-5887
The Liturgy Committee prepares and evaluates weekend and seasonal liturgies and prayer opportunities, based on the needs of the community and in accordance with liturgical guidelines.
LITURGICAL SUPPORT MINISTRIES
Art & Environment:
- Members of this committee establish and maintain an appropriate decorative envrionment consistent with the church dcalendar, holdays, and events to enhance and beautify the worship spaces.
- Contact Donna Bellanca at 585-746-4077
Altar Linen Launderers:
- Launderers ensure adequate supply of clean linen for weekely Eucharistic celebrations.
- On a rotating schedule and in their own homes, volunteers clean and press altar linens.
- Contact the parish office at 585-334-3518
Martha & Mary Ministry:
- This ministry is devoted to servng fellow parishioners who are grieving from a death in the familoy by providing a meal after a funeral or Memorial Mass.
- This permits the family and friends additional time to reconnect and support one another at a time of great loss.
- Members prepare and deliver a food item for the reception, help set-up, serve and clean-up.
- Contact Madeline Merkl at 585-249-0644; Margaret Churnetski at 585-334-2497; or Dolores Mahosky at 585-334-4475
- The wedding coordinator assists in the preparation for marriage liturgy, condust the wedding rehearsal, and offer suggestions and options to couples in planning the details of their wedding celebration in the church.
- Contact Dawn Savacool at [email protected]
Training is provided for all of the above ministries
Please fill out this form to get more information about any of the above Ministries.