Welcome to Saint Marianne Cope Parish
All worship sites are handicap accessible and equipped with hearing loop. We also make a special effort to be family friendly. We look forward to you joining us at Mass soon!
Your can register as a parishoner at St. Marianne Cope here.
The Rush Henrietta Central School District purchased the Good Shepherd Campus in 2019. On Monday, October 21, 2019 the last Mass was held in the original church at the Church of the Good Shepherd. The following is a brief history of the Church of the Good Shepherd.
- The Cornerstone for the original church was laid on October 1, 1911 by Bishop Hickey and he returned on February 12, 1912 to dedicate the completed Church building.
- Good Shepherd School, begun by Fr. George Vogt, was completed in 1958 and staffed by the Sisters of Mercy, who served as teachers and administrators of the school.
- The school closed in 2008.
- An addition was built to the school in 1964 which included a larger chapel for the growing parish.
- In 2012, Good Shepherd merged with Guardian Angels and St. Joseph’s in Rush to create St. Marianne Cope Parish
- In 2019, the sale of the Good Shepherd Campus to the Rush-Henrietta Central School District was finalized, and the last Masses at Good Shepherd were celebrated the weekend of October 19-20, 2019.
With the sale of the Good Shepherd Campus, renovations were needed at Guardian Angels Church to meet the needs of the Parish. Bishop Salvatore Matono dedicated the new altar and presided over the first Mass in the newly renovated sancturay on December 18, 2022.