The Parish of St. Marianne Cope is a community of believers in Jesus Christ, who are called to fulfill the message of the Gospel to love God, neighbor, and self. We live our Catholic faith in imitation of the mission of Jesus, through prayer, teaching, service, and healing. We seek to provide opportunities for you to experience, know, love, and serve God rooted in a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.

Our three worship sites, St. Joseph's, Good Shepherd, and Guardian Angels, have a long history of friendship, shared prayer, and outreach ministries. St. Joseph’s parish was founded in 1864. Good Shepherd Church was founded in 1911, and in 1960, Guardian Angels Church splintered off Good Shepherd Church to accommodate the burgeoning Henrietta community. In June of 2011, these three churches clustered to form the Rush Henrietta Catholic Community. Finally, in April of 2012, we became Marianne Cope Roman Catholic Parish of Monroe County.

Blessed Marianne Cope was canonized on October 21, 2012 by Pope Benedict XVI.  Her feast day is her birthday, January 23rd.  

To learn more about St. Marianne click here or here!

On Monday October 21, 2019, the last Mass was held in the original church at the Church of the Good Shepherd. 

The Rush Henrietta Central School District purchased the Good Shepherd Campus earlier that year.

Following is a brief history of the Church of the Good Shepherd:

  • The Cornerstone for the original church was laid on October 1, 1911 by Bishop Hickey and he returned On February 12, 1912, to dedicate the completed Church building.
  • Good Shepherd School, begun by Fr. George Vogt, was completed in 1958 and staffed by the Sisters of Mercy, who served as teachers and administrators of the school. 
  • The school closed in 2008.
  • An addition was built to the school in 1964 which included a larger chapel for the growing parish.
  • In 2012, Good Shepherd merged with Guardian Angels and St. Joseph’s in Rush to create St. Marianne Cope Parish
  • In 2019, the sale of the Good Shepherd Campus to the Rush-Henrietta Central School District was finalized, and the last Masses at Good Shepherd were celebrated the weekend of October 19-20, 2019.

All worship sites are handicap accessible and equipped with hearing loop. We also make a special effort to be family friendly.

Come worship with us!

Register with us!

Mass Times

Parish Staff

Diocese of Rochester

Knights of Columbus

Counseling Services

Photo Albums